Saturday 11 February 2012

Layne's Espresso

So, in its relatively short existence, Layne's has developed almost cult-like legendary status. I popped along to see what all the fuss is about.



It's a tiny space, inhabited by sleeve-tattooed hipsters and those who need to be "seen," but it's none the worse for it. It reminds me a lot of Stumptown in Portland.

The Wife was all coffee-d out by now, but I took a double espresso. Wow!

Ripe, citrusy and berry punch gives way to a juniper and quinine finish. I live in total awe of magicians like this who can make this happen from the seeds of an African shrub. The best coffee I've had since Matt Banbury at Joe the Art of Coffee in New York.

Leeds, it seems, lays good claim to being the best coffee town in the North. Disagree? Tell me what I'm missing!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment